Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Collection of Information
Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; request a catalog; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wishlist” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information About Your Use of Our Services
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information We Collect from Our Partners and Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses. In addition, if you are a United States customer and apply for a J.Crew Credit Card, we obtain limited information about you from the partners that manage our private label credit card program. If you interact with us on social media, we will also collect information about those interactions.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see Your Choices);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and properties;
- Provide you the benefits of our loyalty program if you are a member of our loyalty program; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences or by contacting us;
- If you are a U.S. customer with a J.Crew Credit Card, with our banking partner Comenity Bank, the issuer of the J.Crew Credit Card. Comenity Bank is independent of J.Crew and has its own privacy and security policies;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We allow our e-commerce partners UPS i-parcel (based in Edison, New Jersey) and Borderfree (based in New York) to obtain personal information for the purposes of facilitating ordering and shipping internationally. For more information about UPS i-parcel’s privacy practices, see https://www.i-parcel.com/en/i-parcel-online-privacy-notice/ and for more information about Borderfree’s privacy practices, see www.borderfree.com/privacy-policy.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Other Tracking Technologies
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Managing or Deleting Your Online J.Crew Account
- You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section below. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the section on “Customers Who Are Residents of the European Economic Area” below. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Opting Out of Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogs and postcards): Log into your online account and adjust your settings under the “Catalog Preferences” page or contact us at email@example.com.
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Data Transfers and Privacy Shield
J.Crew has operations in the U.S. and other countries. As such, we or our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
When we transfer personal data from the European Union (“EU Data”) to the U.S., we adhere to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles of notice; choice; onward transfer; security; data integrity and purpose limitation; access; and recourse, enforcement and liability designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission (the “Principles”). For more information about J.Crew’s certification and the Principles, please visit the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with the Principles to the point of contact listed in the “Contact Us” section below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield), our designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider. Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. J.Crew is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC. If J.Crew shares EU Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of EU Data in violation of the Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Customers Who Are Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- J.Crew Entity Responsible for Your Information
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, J.Crew U.K. Limited and J.Crew Group Inc. provide our Services to you and are responsible for your information when you use our Services. If you are a resident in all other EEA jurisdictions, J.Crew Group Inc. provides our Services to you and is responsible for your information when you use our Services.
- Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data described above:
- As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
- As necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest in providing relevant and secure Services, and improving our Services and products;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
- As consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- Exercising Your Rights
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased and to port your data. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at GDPR@jcrew.com. If you have a J.Crew account, you may also review, update and delete certain personal data or adjust your marketing preferences by logging into your account.
- Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Customers Who Are California Residents: California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the contact address in “Contact Us” section below.
- In the EEA, please contact us at:
3 Ivy Crescent
Lynchburg, VA 24513-1001
Int’l Toll Phone: +1 434 385 5775
Fax: +1 434 385 5750
- Anywhere else outside of the EEA, including the United States, please contact us at:
J.Crew Customer Relations
3 Ivy Crescent
Lynchburg, VA 24513-1001
Phone: 800 562 0258
Fax: 434 385 5750