Styling advice, denim recycling, contactless shopping—we offer a lot more than wardrobe essentials at our stores (though you’ll definitely find those too).
We ask that you remain six feet away from others at all times while in the store. There will be helpful markers around our registers, in-store pickup stations and fitting rooms to guide you.
In order to ensure that appropriate social distancing is possible, we will be limiting the number of people allowed in a store at a given time. The capacity for every store will be different, but this means you may have to wait for entry, so we appreciate your patience. If you have to wait for entry, please remain six feet apart from others in line at all times and follow any marked spaces that may be provided.
We will be performing extensive cleaning each day with stores operating under limited hours to allow for this.
We ask that our employees and customers wear face coverings to help protect themselves and others while in the store. If you don’t have one, we can provide a single-use disposable mask at the door.
In order to uphold increased sanitization and cleaning protocols, we will be frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces with disinfectant while the store is open and have hand sanitizer for customers to use.
Per CDC guidelines, we ask that you shop from home if you aren’t feeling well, have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, exhibit flu-like symptoms or have recently been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID‑19.
- We are asking that employees and customers wear face coverings in our stores, even in states and cities that do not require them.
- We are requiring employees to wash or sanitize their hands frequently. We will also have hand sanitizer available for customers.
- We are requiring all employees to conduct a self-assessment before each shift, as recommended by local, state and CDC guidelines, to determine if they have any COVID-19 symptoms. Employees who may have COVID-19 are required not to come to the store for their shift. We’re also asking customers who do not feel well to refrain from shopping in stores until they are symptom-free. Instead we suggest shopping online or taking advantage of curbside pickup.
- In accordance to CDC standards we have increased cleaning requirements in all stores including frequently disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
- We are enforcing social distancing throughout our stores. Employees and customers are required to stay at least six feet apart at all times. We will also be limiting the number of customers in a store at a given time and adding floor markers to ensure social distancing. Where open, fitting rooms will be cleaned between each use.
- We are also offering contactless pickup and payment options to minimize interactions between our associates and customers in the store.
- Order online and choose pickup when you add items to your shopping bag.
- Check your email: We will let you know when your order is ready to be picked up. Once it is, you can head to the store (make sure you have your email confirmation handy!).
- When you arrive at the store, remain in your car and call the phone number you received in your email. Pop your trunk and a store associate will bring your order to you.
- Social distancing: For the time being we ask that our customers and employees practice social distancing and stay at least six feet apart at all times. There will be markers to remind and guide you.
- Limited store capacity: To ensure social distancing we are limiting the number of customers allowed in the store at one time, so we may ask that you wait outside before entering.
- Contactless services: We are increasing our social-distancing-friendly services including supporting contactless payment options, curbside and easy in-store pickup stations.
- We are still accepting cash. Employees will be asked to sanitize their hands after handling cash.
- Our stores will be able to accommodate returns of items purchased with cash.
ARE MADEWELL STORES CLOSED? IF SO, FOR HOW LONG?
We are starting to thoughtfully open our stores where we are permitted by state and local law and feel comfortable and confident to do so. The health and safety of our team and our customers will always be our first priority and our response will continue to evolve as we receive new information. Currently, we have put protocols in place to increase cleaning and maintain social distancing. We have also made modifications to our in-store services and have suspended all in-person events. We are closely monitoring the situation and are making adjustments as needed. We will continue to monitor developing guidance from local and federal government along with recommendations from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to inform our health and safety practices.
WILL MADEWELL.COM STAY OPEN?
We remain open 24-7 at madewell.com—our customer service team is ready to help with any and all questions via phone, email and chat. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, chat us (9am–11:59pm ET) or call us at 866 544 1937 (U.S.), 434 385 5792 (International), any day, 7am–11:59pm ET.
SHOULD I EXPECT A DELAY WITH MY MADEWELL ORDER?
You may experience shipping delays. For the health and safety of the teams in our distribution centers, we have implemented a social distancing plan and this may temporarily slow down processing. For any questions, please contact us.
WILL YOU OFFER FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS?
As always, we offer free shipping and returns to members of our loyalty program. For more information, please visit the Madewell Insider page.
CAN I MAKE A RETURN IN STORES?
We are currently accepting returns at store locations that are open to the public. Locations that are only open for curbside pickup are not accepting returns. Visit our store locator page to check on the current status of a store near you.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE YOU TAKING TO KEEP EMPLOYEES SAFE AT YOUR SHIPPING FACILITIES?
We follow CDC guidelines with regular deep cleanings of the facility and our team wipes down all high-touch surfaces throughout the day with disinfectant. We practice social distancing by reducing the number of people in the facility, rearranging workstations and restructuring tasks to create appropriate space between team members. Anyone who may be sick or feeling ill is required to stay home, and our team members can utilize their sick leave as applicable.
WHAT ARE MADEWELL STORE HOURS?
Where we are permitted by law, we are beginning to reopen our stores as we feel we can responsibly do so. We may be operating on alternative or shorter hours based on local legal requirements and business conditions. Visit our store locator page to check on the current status of a store near you.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HELP PROTECT CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES?
We have developed new procedures that have been designed to help protect our customers and employees.
DOES MADEWELL HAVE CURBSIDE PICKUP?
HOW DOES CURBSIDE PICKUP WORK?
IS MY NEARBY MADEWELL STORE OPEN?
We are open in locations where we are permitted to do so by law and feel that we can responsibly do so. Visit our store locator page to see if your nearest store is open.
WILL STORE HOURS BE MODIFIED?
Stores may be operating on shorter hours to allow for thorough cleaning. Please visit the store locator page for store hours. We are also updating Google to reflect our new store hours while we reopen.
HOW WILL SHOPPING IN STORES CHANGE WHEN YOU REOPEN?
We aim to provide the same store experience you know and love and are making the following changes to focus on the health and safety of our employees and customers during this time:
CAN I USE CASH TO PAY FOR MY ORDER?
IS MADEWELL STILL RECYCLING JEANS FOR BLUE JEANS GO GREEN?
We are still accepting jeans as part of Cotton’s Blue Jeans Go Green™ program in our stores that are open. Bring in a pair of your pre-loved jeans and we will (safely) recycle them into housing insulation for communities in need.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY DOING ALTERATIONS?
In accordance with our social distancing practices, we are not currently processing any requests for alterations, including hemming and repairs, in stores.
WHAT IS MADEWELL DOING TO HELP ITS COMMUNITIES?
Together with J.Crew we have donated 75,000 single-use masks to Montefiore Medical Center in our hometown of New York City.